Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Man at the Canteen - Ringwood City/Cairnlea

A huge weekend for me, on Friday night I was in the area and decided to go and watch Ringwood City against Eltham. A win for Ringwood would of meant they would of  been crowned champions heading into this weekend after Melbourne Uni could only manage a draw at Whitehorse on Saturday.

Having not had dinner, I was looking forward to getting to Ringwood and having something to eat. It was my first visit to the new Jubilee Park and it was a trip I had been wanting to do all year.

On the canteen menu were lots of the usual, but burgers were the big ticket item, I went for the Chicken Burger (and it was a burger, not a schnitzel) because of what was on it compared to the regular burger. Lettuce, Avocado, Grilled Red Capsicum and a Garlic and Avocado dressing! Something very different!

The whole lot was a bit on the small side (about the size of a Big Mac), but it was very nice and a good change from the usual.

Saturday I had decided early on in the week to go to Cairnlea as I had also been asked to photograph two Roller Derby bouts in Braybrook ten minutes down the road.

There was a standing offer of a free kebab the next time I went to a Cairnlea match which was gratefully accepted at half time (as well as an extra generous second kebab for the lady in the stands travelling with me for the Roller Derby).

I think the Cairnlea people would be pretty confident with their product, and I have absolutely no problem in saying that it was the best Kebab I have had in suburban football. It was the real deal, all the ingredients were spot on. Better than the kebab van on Ballarat Road I stopped at last time I was in the area! It's just a pity their club isn't open the same hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment